Friday, March 9, 2007

Surf Report - Yikes!!











Susan and I took a walk on the beach yesterday afternoon - water temperature and air temperature was 75 degrees. We wanted to go for a swim, but a quick glance at the life guard shack told us that was not a good idea. A red flag and a purple flag were flying. I questioned the Lifeguard as to the danger represented by the red flag - "Sharks" he said, Hundreds of them following the King Mackerel that are migrating - Bull Sharks, Reef Sharks, Hammerheads, and Spinner Sharks are airboarne! Purple flag for the Portuegues Man-of War that are "littering" the beach. This is the time of year for the "little blue bottles" to blow into shore with an East Wind.

1 comment:

patti said...

Word to the wise, stay AWAY from the blue bottles. They got me TWICE in an hour in Hawaii, and let me tell you, not fun, especially when one is on your bum! Definitely go by the warnings (I didn't), and stay away from the water and the blue bottles!
You make me sick with your 75 degrees!!!! It's supposed to actually be around 60 here tomorrow (been freakin cold ALL week!). Love you and miss you...oh yeah, probably heading to W-S in a day or two, I'll shoot you an email about it.