Saturday, March 3, 2007

1st week at Lockheed




The photo above is the corner of Atlantic Ave and A1A - 3 blocks east of our new place.
The first week of work was really good thanks to Michael Jackson (yes that's right-I said Michael Jackson). My liaison, Michael is really a great guy: Pratt Institute NYC, Excellent Grapic Designer/Technical Illustrator - Photoshop wiz, as well as accomplished in all digital media. Excellent Photographer, Diver-on the dive team at work, artistic and creative. Michael gave me tours of all of the areas, introduced me to many new colleagues, and introduced me to new aquatic life indigenous to Florida waters. Michael has been an inspiration to me - a fit young guy, always exercising and very active as well as cerebral. He has inspired me to start walking after work with Susan.
I've been taking highway A1A home, because 95 is a deathtrap! Although the speed limit on A1A is only 35-it is so scenic. It ribbons along the edge of the Ocean - I open up the truck and put on the tunes - easy drive home. As you can see from the map, we are 3 blocks West of A1A. (map is oriented N at the top - blue on the right side of map is the Ocean and the blue to the left is the Intercoastal Waterway)

Another thing that made the week really great, Susan bought a king-size mattress!!! What a good night sleep will do for you - our place is starting to feel more like home because we don't have to break up the sofa and convert into a bed. Our mission this weekend, is to find a place to launch our kayaks on the Intercoastal.

2 comments:

Roger S said...

So........ Debbie wants to know when Zeke's coming?

Florida Susan said...

Funny you said that - Zeke says he will be comming out soon. Can't wait.