Sunday, March 18, 2007

heading north


Wayne's fallin' down on his picture posting duties! I took some shots of the yard the other day so that I can look at the blog and see them while I'm back up north. He'll probably put them up later. We had way too much fun on St. Patty's Day, missed being with everyone up at Nathan's though. I guess the bartenders thought they were doing us a favor by pouring a strong drink, but my head and tummy say differently today!








They closed Atlantic for a parade and during the hours of 10 am and 3 pm, the cops will look the other way regarding on the street drinking, only on St. Patty's Day. It was crazy! We just went to the beach for awhile, I wasn't ready to start so early and I wanted one last beach day till I get back. Around 5 we headed up town to see Nick, our favorite Delray bartender, at the Colony Hotel. As a bonus, we got to meet Candace, his girlfriend, who was helping out behind the bar because it was crazy busy. Things got off to a rocking start as Nick poured us all shots of tequila! Then we headed over to a local Irish pub, people were dancing in the streets, and all decked out in costumes, it was awesome.

The last stop was a British Pub here that is quickly becoming a favorite, the Blue Anchor- http://www.theblueanchor.com/. They disassembled the building in England, shipped it over here, and rebuilt it two blocks from our place, just over the IntraCoastal. These two pictures are from their website. We finally had something to eat there, fish and chips, what else? But I'm afraid it was a bit too late as we were pretty snockered by then! So we get home and Wayne crashes, and I do the obligatory drunk phone calling....how special....








After lolling around feeling bad in bed till almost noon, we just got back from a wonderful hangover cheeseburger at Boston's and then a stroll on the beach. There have been shark warnings all week as sharks migrate down the coast and no one was swimming. Then we saw a group of folks standing on the edge of the water. Of course we had to see what was up and it was SHARKS! Yes, Carly, real live sharks!
Back in Hampton tomorrow, looking forward to seeing everyone, but will miss my honey, the kitties, and the warmth!!

2 comments:

KATHRYN said...

Hey, Guys! Sorry I haven't posted lately, but I have really enjoyed keeping up with your adventure. Sounds like you're having a great time! I envy you! We're having fun here too. The Exleys had a dinner party last weekend. John's cousin from California, that he had never seen before, was there visiting, so it was great getting to know him. Nathan had a party yesterday, which I didn't make it to, but I feel like I was there as they kept calling me. I was beginning to think it was a surprise party for me! Mary and I have been catching the art walks, which has been fun. I'm saving up my money so I can come visit you soon. The English Pub sounds like a great place! Hope to see you soon! Put me in for the ticket contest!

My Pic Mania said...

Yeah Kathy... you said you were coming and didn't show up... We missed you! The party was lots of fun! Tons of food and I'm not mentioning the 4 big coolers full of liquid... I'll be sending out a couple of pics later. Watch for the sharks Wayne!