Friday, March 9, 2007

Another Theory - Jazz Theorem



Another of my Observational Theories in human psychology, is the Jazz Theorem.

Jazz Theorem: Anyone who really loves Jazz - and listens to a lot of Jazz - cannot sing very well. As a matter fact, the empirical evidence I have observed over the past few years indicates that a hard core Jazz lover cannot carry the proverbial "tune in a tin bucket". One exception, this theorem does not apply to the professional Jazz singer -


Give me your thoughts on this and help this study continue.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh, you're going to get your tires slit on this one!

patti said...

ummm...I dunno about that...I mean I'm not hard core, but I definitely like some jazz, and I can carry a tune, and no need for a bucket. As for the other theory about night owls, works for me, I think for most of the rest of the family too.
interesting theories you have...

Mike & Kate said...

Could it be that jazz sometimes sounds very unstructured, especially when the musicians are really jammin and in their own world(something very hard to sing along with).

Jim Baugh said...

OK,
here is my comment.

Susan, Wayne, since moving to FL, You folks have gotten into DRUGS.
I am calling Crocket and Tubbs on you to bong heads.

I know Wayne B like the back of my hand,
Not only can he not understand JAZZ,
He cant even spell it!!

He Baby, LUV ya, go get yourself some Pat Methany and call me when you come to reality.

Get my Futon ready you sweet thing you.

Luv Ya
JB