Monday, April 9, 2007

too quick


We had a wonderful Easter weekend, hope y'all did. Wayne's visit was way too short, I cried for joy to see him and the opposite when he left, pretty normal I guess! On Saturday, we met Wayne's Mom (Millie), Jim, Carolyn, Lauren, and my Mom at Bill's BBQ in Midlothian for lunch. We were celebrating Millie's 83rd birthday and that's where she wanted to go. It was great having the best BBQ in the world, the same since I was a kid. My mom is to be commended for showing up when we only gave her like a half hour's notice because the details of our outing were hammered out on I-64.

After BBQ, we went to see a movie called "Amazing Grace"... my Mom and Lauren opted out, and to tell you the truth, we weren't all that keen on it from the description. In fact, we were kind of hoping lunch would make us miss the 1:15 pm show. But alas, it didn't, and to our very pleasant surprise, we loved the movie!! Before, we were like, oh boy, how uplifting, a movie about the slave trade. But honestly, it was absolutely uplifting, about a guy named Wilberforce in England who spent his whole life trying to get slavery abolished. It had many different levels of meaning, one which was, of course, how much one person can really accomplish. Anyway, it gets 4 and a half stars out of five for me....

Afterwards, our friend Robyn came to meet us at the Crowne Plaza down on Canal. A bit later, Jim and Carolyn came back from taking Millie home, and we all went to Sine for dinner! If you look closely at the picture above, you'll notice that I'm the only one who looks snockered!! But, I wasn't.....yet. Really I didn't even drink that much, but I was tired. Everyone else looks so perky!! Then we took a cab to Galaxy to see the girls (Carly and Lauren). We got dessert and some drinks there: deep fried Oreos and Apple Pie a la Mode. They sent over a complimentary sample of fried pickles, which I didn't try because I couldn't mix all those different tastes my mouth, but everyone else loved them and the cooks sent out a "to go" container full of pickles for Wayne. I wish I had some pictures from there.
On Sunday, for Easter Brunch, we picked up Millie and went to Willow Oaks as guests of my brother, Bill and his wife, Pam. There were 11 of us. We had a lovely time and as soon as I get some pictures from Pam I'll post them.
The other news is that Chantal wrote from France today. She said that Maryvonne will be tranferred to the hospital in Rennes tomorrow, about 2 hours from where she is now. This is because it has the cardiology unit that specializes in her condition. Chantal said that she is doing well considering what she's been through, and that if all goes according to plan, she will have a rather risky surgery at the end of the week to try to address her current heart issue. As always, if you could keep her in your thoughts and heart, that'd be great. Vickie and Chantal are coming back to the States this Thursday.
Well, this turned out to be a rather long-winded post. Hope it finds you well and content. I'm looking forward to heading back South in a bit over a week now.

No comments: