Thursday, April 26, 2007





Hi Guys,


Some of you know already that after mom was transfered and had surgery, she unfortunately had a stroke which left her unable to move or speak. She had since then, another clot in the leg and has been having a hell of a time. So is my dad who has a lot of difficulties coping with all this. Mom was not doing good on the morphin and they finally found an alternative medication that helped manage the pain. She is supposed to be transfered back closer tomorrow so that she starts speech and physical therapy next week. She can say a few words again now and move a little but still has no sensation in her hand and foot. 4 weeks tomorrow already that she's been in the hospital and she is hating it... Anyways, I'm also posting a couple of pictures from my hometown until I can find the time to build a quick website. Hope everyone is doing well.

See ya soon, Vickie.

3 comments:

KATHRYN said...

So sorry to hear about your Mom! I know that must be so hard for her and for you and your family! You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Florida Susan said...

Hey Vickie, thanks for the post. How's Vegas?

My Pic Mania said...

Thanks Kathy :)
Well, Vegas is ok but I'm not a gambler and I really didn't have much time to go visit. I am leaving this morning so I am going to walk over to the Palagio and see if I can get a couple of pictures. Other than that, I just want to go home and see my kitties. I guess I'm just not really in the mood. I'll call you from the airport :)