Thursday, May 24, 2007

Southern Florida Lifestyle






Last weekend we were invited to a cookout in Ft. Lauderdale. Karen and Eric are new friends that we met at the Blue Anchor Pub in Delray. Karen lives in Lake Worth and Eric lives in Ft Lauderdale. They have a date and meet half way each Wednesday at the Blue Anchor (this is where I met them). Karen is an Engineer - Construction Planner for Palm Beach County – PhD Eric is a Biologist (Mathematical Modeler) Associate Prof at FAU. The cook out was amazing Surf-n-Turf cookout – King Crab Legs, Steak, Potato Salad, Corn on the cob, and Jello shooters, all the food groups were represented. Eric’s neighbor Richard is a graphic artist for the National Enquirer in Boca Raton (He is a complete HOOT). He informed us that he is responsible for introducing Jello Shooters to Paris. After searching the left bank of Paris for weeks for Jello, he finally found a box for $3.00 at an American store. Viva la France!

4 comments:

My Pic Mania said...

Looks awesome... Well we went out to Kokoamos last night for our traditional "Gang's night out" and today I'm pathetically hurting... I think that I should have passed the last drink... Anyways, the weather is great, even though I could handle a few more degrees. This week-end, it's beach slacking scheduled and a cocktail party to attend tomorrow for starter...

KATHRYN said...

Oh, you party animals! And Wayne and Susan too! I wish we weren't so far away from each other!

Florida Susan said...

Come on down, Kathy!

KATHRYN said...

Believe me, I will be there as soon as I can!