Thursday, May 10, 2007

Shout out to Silver Don


Hi guys, Susan here, so glad you're getting into the blog, hope everyone else that's out there checking it out will consider posting. It's so much fun this way!! Should've thought of it long ago....way back in January!! Could you do us a favor, though, and let us know who's writing, either in the post or at the end?? That'd be great!!


So, it's been a couple weeks since my last post and I've been reading this book....


Our friend, Silver Don, a renowned author in our awesome neighbor to the North, Canada, just published this book you see here. The cover shot is by none other than your buddy Wayne, and if you turn to page 219, you'll find us both, eventually. However, the coolest part is that, Don sent us this book shortly before we left for Florida (autographed of course, thanks so much SDC).


After having read just the parts that were about us and our friends prior to packing up the Jeep and Trooper, I finally began it where it was intended. It is so funny, and poignant, with lovely "onomatopoeia, malignant synecdoche, and incurable meiosis" ( p. 7) ( yes, I'm a teacher), and did I mention we're in it?? And it's so cool to read about their voyage to the Bahamas, which are so close to us now. We hope they'll be buying a place here and moving down to escape those hard winters soon, just as we hope all our other friends will, too!! That includes you ; )
Anyway, had to plug it here, autographs are available, ours, not Don's....for now. http://www.amazon.com/Sailing-Away-Winter-Cruise-Florida/dp/077101841X
Since our initial scare at the hospital when I first returned, things are good. We went walking downtown tonight and to our lovely surprise, found a street festival going on, much unbeknownst to us. Music, dance, art...all down Atlantic Ave. We were, of course, looking for food, and everything had an hour plus wait, so we ended up at a Cuban place, which we've wanted to try but hadn't yet.
On the way back, we ran into a Haitian artist, and for those who know me, Haitian art is my weakness. We bought a painting from him for $40, and it's our first art purchase here! I tried to take a picture of it for you, but it didn't turn out. So maybe tomorrow.
I was also gonna show you my first painting that I did in my new art studio, but alas, it didn't turn out either. I mean the photo, not the painting. I'll see what I can do tomorrow. For now, it's time for me to join my honey in Dreamland.
Love to all.





1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Can't wait to see your painting, Susan. Must feel good! You GO GIRL!!!