Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New Blog


I started this blog back in 2004 - I called the blog: Man in the Maze after the Tohono O'odham motif. The Man in the Maze motif is used liberally in the American Southwest by the Tohon O'odham culture. The Tohono O'odham live in the desert South of Phoenix- they are also called Pima. According to O'odham oral history, the labyrinth design depicts experiences and choices we make in our journey through life. In the middle of the "maze", a person finds their dreams and goals. When one reaches the center, we have one final opportunity (the last turn in the design) to look back upon our choices and path, before the Sun God greets us, blesses us and passes us into the next world.

When I created this blog, a lot of my friends were not online. I didn't know how to solicit your participation. Everyone is "websavy" now. Consider it a vitual place for self-expression - post recent artwork, writings, photographs, art reviews, art endeavors, art experiences, etc. I invite you to participate. Michael just shot some great photos at an airshow- post some of your photos, Michael.
Nathan just finished a class in creating collages at VCU - post some of your work, Nate. Post some photos, Vickie, post your drawings, Seth, photos of your latest tattoo? Whatever, you feel is your creative interest or self-expression.
Oh yeah, the address: http://maze311.blogspot.com/
As the cutline in the above image states: this is a blog dedicated to exploring the creative potential in all of us.

5 comments:

Nathan Arizona said...

There is no option to add new post?? I tried last night and I can't get there???

Florida Wayne said...

Nate, when I logged in - it openned up Dashboard and then I could create a new post

My Pic Mania said...

Nate, you'll have to use Wayne's UN and PW to be able to post unless he has it set up to give you admin permission. With your own UN and PW you can post comments. I haven't been in the back end though so I don't know how you have it set up Wayne but check the settings. :)

~ Vickie ~

Nathan Arizona said...

Wayne is new at all this high tech computer stuff Vickie- please don't be so harsh! :) He works for the government they are limited with their minutes on the computer! No wonder they drop "F" Bombs in restaurants! :)

I'll have to show Wayne on my school Apple LCII how to do it!!!

My Pic Mania said...

LOL Nate, considering you asked for the FOJ blog and got me to take care of it all for you, I wouldn't get on Wayne's case... I'll show you BOTH how things work so you can take it from there...
Well, the weather is FANTASTIC today, Tom and Chris arrived last night from Germany and we had breakfast this morning on the patio! I'll post pics in a bit. We are having a barbecue tonight, you are all invited... Wayne, you need a private jet so you two can just hop here for the week-end...