Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunfest 2008 - West Palm Beach


If there's one thing in my life that's missing
It's the time that I spend alone
Sailing on the cool and bright clear water
It's kind of a special feeling
When you're out on the sea alone
Staring at the full moon, like a lover
Time for a cool change
I know that it's time for a cool change
Now that my life is so prearranged
I know that it's time for a cool change
>
Well I was born in the sign of water
And it's there that I feel my best
The albatross and the whales they are my brothers
There's lots of those friendly people
And they're showing me ways to go
And I never want to lose their inspiration


Eric, Karen,Susan and I found the stage where the Little River Band was performing and sat down on the grass, like so many times in the 60's and 70's waiting for the sound checks and the roadies to hook up everything. My thoughts went to Billy Rice, John Bill, audio cables, "Testing, Testing, Testing" - the band takes the stage - again - you are time tripping back to the 70's. Karen's voice brought me back - we were at Sunfest 2008 - not the 60's or 70's. A hybrid of a State Fair and a Caribbean Carnival with three stages and three Rum Barges on the Intercoastal - West Palm Beach's Sunfest is a weekend of Fun. As the logo says: Where music meets the waterfront.




Concerts started on Thursday night with Cheryl Crow and Eric Clapton making a surprise appearance. Hot Tuna, Little Feat, Steel Pulse, Los Diablos, Little River Band, The Black Crowes, Stephen Marley, just to name the highlight bands. Three Captain Morgan Rum Bars are docked along the intercoastal which provides well needed shade and cool drinks. As the Kentucky Derby started the race was switched over on the large monitors. The sun was dipping behind the buildings now and the Black Crowes were performing at 9:30 - we meandered through the crowd to get a good spot. Beautiful night - the band takes the stage - yep, another time trip as the concert begins. I wondered what Kate Hudson was doing tonight.


2 comments:

My Pic Mania said...

You guys are having way too much fun down there...

Have a fantabulous week-end!
~ Vickie ~

Florida Wayne said...

It is quite fun - We miss you guys so much. Florida is pretty fantabulous