Monday, August 6, 2007

Kayaking Fun












































So the weather was great last week-end and I packed the car with appropriate gear to go for some paddling! I went out on Saturday to my favorite beach on the bay. I was hoping to see some dolphins but they were out in the morning and not when I was on the water. Sunday I went for a 3 hour tour with 2 kayakers from the club in town. We dropped off of Lesner Bridge boat ramp. Took a pic of a couple of birds in their nest then. It was awesome, even though too hot to paddle so long. We had to fight some pretty strong currents on the way back. Needless to say I had a good workout and my arms are painfully recovering... Hope you all had a great week-end too!

~ Vickie ~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great you are getting out in the boat!! I had fun paddling over in Mobjack a couple weeks ago! The lighthouse was open too! A little weird being out on the water by myself but you get over it after a while. The Osprey pics are great! I actually saw an osprey here were we went tubing on the Maury River (Lex-Vegas)! Glad you are having fun in your new boat!

-Nathan Arizona

Florida Susan said...

Hey Nate,
Where is Mobjack? Never heard of it. Did you take any pictures? I definitely want to use the boat as much as possible. I really like going on the water! Not easy to move it and load it on top of the car by myself either but it's worth it! I just got a kayak carrier so I hope it will make it easier to get back and forth from the car to the water. I haven't tried it on sand though so better work...
If the weather is nice next week-end, I'll probably take it out on Sunday again! We'll see.
L8TR!
~ Vickie ~

Florida Susan said...

Awesome, Vickie! Thanks for posting, we've been really lazy about it lately. Glad you're loving your new hobby! Maybe we'll go out while you're here!

Susan

Florida Susan said...

Hey Susan!
That would be cool! I'm sure you know plenty of great places know for paddling! I hope it will cool down a bit by the week-end. Right now, it's quite miserable here...
~ Vickie ~