Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Picture is worth a Thousand Words - so, how much is a camera worth?




I have been waiting since digital cameras were introduced to us for an affordable -SLR camera - I've always been partial to the lenses and cameras of Nikon - it was my first SLR camera - (they took Nikon to the moon, don't you know) - Well, for my birthday, Susan put out the word that I would like to have Amazon Gift Certificates -
the certificates just started rolling in by email. A great big THANK YOU goes out to Carolyn/Jim, Bill/Pam, Nancy/Bob, Mom Irvin, Anna/Michael, Billy/Suzanne, Julie/Colin - I just ordered it - the Nikon D-40. With your generous help, I will be into a new realm of photography. I've been using this camera at work and I figure that I've shot at least 1,000 shots in the past year and I'm comfortable with this camera. I cannot thank you all enough. Love Wayne

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

You're most welcome! So happy for you. Can't wait to see what you shoot.

Have a wonderful weekend with our favorite French Doll this weekend!

Nathan Arizona said...

You suck!! I have been eyeing that camera since last Spring! It seems to be a "classic" like the Rollieflex was to twin lens reflex cameras! Professionals even prefer the sensor over the newer D40X? Good choice! I can't wait to see your pics! Don't look at the cost of the underwater housing-oooh!

Obviously, I wont be coming down this holiday season! I have had well over $2000 dollars worth of dental work in the past three months. I had saved up money to come visit you guys but on a teachers budget, as you can remember, that is now gone! I hope to bounce back this Summer and come see you.
I hope you have fun when Vickie visits! We have had an absolute blast sking this Winter and hanging out on the slopes! She has kept me positive through some "Crazy" shit! take care of her and post pics of your visit!

Love and miss you guys--Nathan Arizona