Friday, October 5, 2007

Robyn's visit





Robyn flew into FT. Lauderdale last Saturday afternoon. We picked her up and brought her to Delray Beach. It was so much fun catching up on her family news, and life in Charlottesville as we dined at Bostons and looked over the Ocean. The weather did not fare well as a tropical depression stabilized over the Caribbean and the rain set in. We lost electricity early Sunday morning and didn't get it back until late Sunday night - but, that didn't stop us. We did a road trip to West Palm Beach (Robyn took a great photo at a restaurant in West Palm of me with the ghost looking over my shoulder) - Robyn and Susan went to the Boca Raton Art Museum and saw an interesting show featuring: Guillermo Trujillo: Panamanian Master- of course the shops on Atlantic Avenue have their allure and the ladies checked them out - we did our best to sample the culinary cusine as there are over 27 restaurants here in Delray Beach. the surf was really high and threatened the turtle nests along the beaches - Most of them have already hatched leaving 20% to ride out the extreme surf. 30 years ago, I would have grabbed my board and headed for the Ocean - it's great fun to watch as 8 to 10 ft. waves pounded the beach. Of course the traditional "Blue Anchor" visit was upheld. Robyn left to Tropics to return Wednesday to the Fall Colours of the foothills of Virginia. It was a great visit- Robyn we love you and miss you already.

4 comments:

My Pic Mania said...

Sure sounds like a blast, even though the weather was not quite as good as when I came down!
Miss you!
~ Vickie ~

Carolyn said...

I knew the three of you would still have a blast, regardless of the weather! I love the ghost picture!

Carolyn said...

What is the tall people picture? Is that Susan's latest artwork? I like it...it's intriguing.

Florida Susan said...

the tall people is from the exhibit that Robyn and Susan went to at the Boca Art Museum - I want to go see it-