Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Huhh??












Castor and Pollux are the twin stars of Gemini. They are also two cats who hang out in New Kent with Jim and Carolyn. If I had a picture of them I would post it. Carolyn, got one?? Carolyn is a Gemini. So where am I going with this, you may ask? They are the twin spawn of Jupiter and Leda, the swan (Castor and Pollux, not Carolyn and Jim), seen here in a beautiful painting by Correggio (Jupiter and Leda, not Carolyn and Jim). The other painting is Jupiter and Io, also by Correggio, which I actually like a lot better. Jupiter liked to assume non-human forms to seduce beautiful women. Not that unfamiliar, right??

Anybody still with me?? Wayne and I have decided to look in the Jupiter/Tequesta/Juno (Jupiter's wife who is none too thrilled with all his cavorting) area to buy here in Florida. Although it doesn't look that much closer to Wayne's work on the map, it is. And it's an easy shoot down US 1, knocking about an hour off Wayne's commute each day. We also just like the feel of the place.

So, we went up there on Sunday for reconnaissance, and are going back up on Sunday with our realtor, the one you met way back in February, Julie (jevans520@aol.com). Here are some photos of the general area. You may remember that Burt Reynolds (BR) settled here a long, long, long time ago. Actually one of the places we're going to look at is across from BR State Park.
Over and out.
Susan


2 comments:

My Pic Mania said...

Yeah, looks like that Jupiter was a Casanova... But the area in FL looks great! I'm sure another good choice from you guys... Now, that makes it even farther from Miami airport. I can always take the bus or something. Or I'll find a really cute and wealthy business man in the plane that will have his limo waiting and he'll drive out of his way to drop me off. You know, another Casanova. Or Jupiter...

Florida Susan said...

You're so funny, Vickie! I can't wait till you move down here ; )