Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Mmmm

I feel remiss that I didn't put up the history of "The Tequesta (also Tekesta, Tegesta, Chequesta, Vizcaynos) Native American tribe, at the time of first European contact, occupied an area along the Atlantic coast of Florida in what are now Broward and Miami-Dade Counties. They also occupied the Florida Keys at times, and may have had a village on Cape Sable, at the southern end of the Florida peninsula, in the 16th Century. The central town (also called Tequesta) was probably at the mouth of the Miami River. The Tequesta arrived in the Biscayne Bay area around the beginning of the Current Era. The Tequestas placed their towns and camps at the mouths of rivers and streams, on inlets from the Atlantic Ocean to inland waters, and on barrier islands and keys."

This came from Wikipedia. Check it out. So, I went to the beach today by myself, which is somewhat unusual although you may wonder why. I guess it's cause I feel too guilty to do so while my honey is working, but as luck would have it, I saw my first Florida dolphins, not the football team, real swimming, jumping aquatic mammals....tons of 'em. I was so excited I had to text Vickie!

I took my "vacation day" a bit too seriously though, and am now on my third beer at 3 pm. Oh my, go to AA you fool. Nah, just taking a day off from worrying about stuff (and diet obviously), hopefully ; )

Anyway, if you want, click on the pictures of Correggio's paintings in the post prior and you'll see some fun amazing detail that may not readily be apparent at first glance.

tata,
S.

2 comments:

Nathan Arizona said...

I looked closely and I was expecting for Wayne's photoshop'd face near a boobie or something? Kinda like the Mars Wayne face HoobaJoob! I did notice the geese were quite busy and the cloud was getting a happy ending? Nothing compared to Pat Robertson flipping everyone off on the news though! Your shirts and other Hoobajoob suprises will be on their way! I got the proofs and they look awesome! As you can tell I am trying to get Wayne's term..."HoobaJoob" admitted to the dictionary in '08---Hey! they got Ebonics?

My Pic Mania said...

LOLLLLLLL Susan, that's OK to have relapses... Alright I'm finding excuses for myself... I had half a glass of wine last night too and I'm not going to mention last week-end... But all in all, I think it's starting to work, way too slowly though.
I'm glad you got to see my buddies this afternoon! They are the same ones that were here 2 weeks ago, obviously, they abandoned VABeach :(
Tell my favorite aquatic friends I say hi! And thanks for the Art History info!