Wednesday, June 20, 2007

New Seven Wonders of the World

I've already sent this out to a bunch of folks, but I think it's important, so I'm going to put it up here, too. We heard about this on NPR. An international committee has formed to elect seven new wonders of the world because most of the original ones are gone. Go here to cast your vote: http://www.new7wonders.com/. I voted according to the "wonder" factor. I wonder how they built that with the limited materials and technology available to them at the time? I realize that a lot of people across the world will vote according to personal reasons: I'm a Christian, I'm a Muslim, I live in Russia, etc., but I think the name "Seven Wonders of the World" truly precludes that method.

My two cents for whatever that's worth.... oh, right...two cents...

Susan

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Just keep in mind we don't want the world to know certain pristine spots that we don't want exploited.

Florida Susan said...

This is true, but the nominees are all very well known spots...

Carolyn said...

Sorry. I just went on the site. I get it now.