Sunday, June 15, 2008

Good News




Here's some pretty flowers (taken by yours truly at the Botanical Gardens in WPB a few weeks ago) for my Mom who came through her knee replacement surgery with flying colors and is back at home resting and dreading physical therapy. My sweet sister, Nancy, has taken three weeks out of her summer vacation to help Mom out! Her husband, Bob, came up for a bit and then went back to spend Father's Day with their kids. My brother Bill and his wife Pam were there to lend a hand and Wayne and I came up for moral support. Unfortunately I got bronchitis and couldn't even go near Mom for fear she'd catch something that might complicate her recovery. My other brother, Bob, will arrive tomorrow. Anyway, congrats to Mom, we love you, Wayne's looking forward to collecting on that dance you promised him.

We were fortunate to be able to celebrate Carolyn's birthday with her, too, while we were in Richmond. Happy Speed Limit Birthday, Carolyn - you know, 35 ; )

2 comments:

My Pic Mania said...

Hope you feel better soon Susan! Glad to hear your mom is doing good :)
Talk to you soon!

~ Vickie ~

Carolyn said...

Thanks, Susan. What a fun birthday weekend I had, starting w/ you and Wayne and daughters and their boyfriends having home cooked (KFC) fried chicken dinner - my favorite, at Mom's house! Wayne was so sweet to buy my favorite dessert - lemon chess pie!!! (even though he can't eat it.) Sorry to not get to spend much time w/ you, but we will in August.

Glad you are feeling better.
Love,
Carolyn