Monday, July 16, 2007

Beach Week-end














So we had our first annual Friends of Jay Beach Week-End at my house combined with Kathy's B-day! Beautiful cake for the occasion, and lots of sun and kayaking time. The second picture shows the girls dancing on an Eminem song. Carolyn was double tasking (brushing her teeth)... Nothing like some jamming early in the morning to wake you up... right Frank? Yep, Frank turned on the music at the max of the volume capacity my player was able to handle, that is at 6:50 am or so... Not sure the neighbors like the first few songs though. We had a blast and I couldn't have had a better group of friends to come down and visit! No blender incident to report (we kept the blender safely in the cabinet) but I have to say the Bloody Marys were excellent.
Can't wait to do it again! View more pictures here... http://www.coolportfolios.com
TTFN,
~ Vickie ~

3 comments:

Florida Susan said...

Awesome pics! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Kathy! Looks like so much fun, wish we were there...Hope you all had a great time at VA beach and hope Kathy's birthday was the best!!

KATHRYN said...

Yes, it was an awesome, fantastic time! Thanks to everyone for my birthday surprises! You all are the best! I can even now laugh and enjoy the memory of waking up to that god-awful music of Frank's and his endless torturous wake up antics, like the steam roller, the tickly cat toy and, of course, Mr. Zucchini! No worries, Frank; plans are already in the works for payback for vacation time. It was a great time! Thanks so much to Vickie for having us at her beautiful home! When I get my pictures developed, I will put up one of beautiful Vickie in her new kayak.

Anonymous said...

What a blast!!! Vickie's hospitality was the best! I enjoyed everything except the stinging nettle across my shoulder. I loved the beach and water so much I am planning on taking a day trip to Mobjack on Sat. 28th if anyone is interested let me know!!
>Nate